It is a well-known fact that ageing is a natural process, and everyone has to go through it. Everyone believes you should look your age irrespective of how old you are. While this is true, when to start fighting the signs of ageing is an entirely personal choice. Many people prefer fighting signs of skin ageing from their twenties, while some prefer waiting till they reach their late thirties or forties.
While it is widely believed that lines on the face are a reflection of a good life, editing the fine lines, wrinkles, crow’s feet (lines at the corners of the eyes), and laugh and frown lines are possible with a few skin rejuvenation techniques. Overexposure to the sun, pollution, and stress tend to take a toll on the skin, reminds James from online pharmacy Quick Doctor. There is an array of options available to rehydrate, re-patch, and rejuvenate the skin to look younger, healthier, and happier.
Let us look at some ways that you can rejuvenate your skin to look better.
There are plenty of dermatological and cosmetic procedures that help the regeneration and rejuvenation of the skin. These processes are used to erase fine lines, wrinkles, uneven textures, pigmentation, and imperfections from the surface.
- Chemical peels: an acid solution of salicylic or glycol acid is applied to the skin to remove the top layer (epidermis) and dissolve dead skin cells. This treatment helps discolouration, age spots, superficial scarring, and precancerous skin growth.
- Botox: an injection of botulinum toxin is administered to the skin and areas of the face to smooth wrinkles, fine lines, and laugh lines on the brow, neck, and face.
- Tissue fillers: injections of hyaluronic acid, platelet-rich plasma, and fat are used to reshape the face, fill fine lines, restore plumpness to the nose and cheeks, and neck area.
- Microdermabrasion: this is an inexpensive treatment where the doctor sands the areas on the face and neck with aluminium hydroxide crystals to create healthier and smoother looking, younger skin.
- Laser therapy: laser treatment removes imperfections, scars, improve skin texture and tone, birthmarks, and spider veins from the face and body. This procedure also eliminates areas with acne pits, adds Zapp Laser Studios.
Home remedies are the preferred option for countless people across the globe since the ingredients used in natural remedies are readily available and cost much lesser than procedures.
Homemade remedies for facial skin rejuvenation are:
- Honey lemon: the juice of half a lemon mixed with a half a tablespoon of honey applied to the face helps overall skin complexion to reduce age spots and other signs of ageing and protect the skin from free radical damage.
- Cucumber yogurt mask: mix two tablespoons of grated cucumber (with its water) and half a cup of full-fat yogurt to make a facial mask. Apply this on your face and wash off after 20 minutes to nourish and hydrate the skin. This mask eases sunburn and helps clear acne-prone skin naturally. Cucumber also promotes younger looking, glowing skin.
Homemade remedies for skin rejuvenation:
- Papaya and honey rub: mix half a ripely mashed papaya with four tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice and apply to your arms and legs. Wash off after 15 minutes to get blemish-free skin without dark spots, pigmentation, and acne. Vitamins A, C, and E present in papaya help rejuvenate the skin and keep it soft and exfoliated.
- Turmeric and yogurt rub: mix 400 grams of yogurt with 2 – 3 teaspoons of organic turmeric and two teaspoons of gram flour and apply this paste to your body. Once dried, wash off with tap water and get healthy, younger looking skin that helps remove excess tanning while hydrating the skin from within.
Your skin is a result of the lifestyle you lead and the way you take care of it. Eat energy boosting salads and juices that hydrate the skin all day long. Fruits like watermelon, melon, and water-bearing fruits help keep the skin well-hydrated all-day long. Eat foods that are lesser in oil and fat to keep your skin looking younger and healthier.
Avoid being out in the sun between 10 am, and 4 pm since overexposure to the sun can also cause skin pigmentation, dryness, waxy layers, and wrinkles. Excessive sun can also cause skin cancer.
Smokers should reduce and eventually quit smoking since smoke causes the skin to dry out and causes premature greying of the skin and hair making them look older than they are.
Regularly exfoliating, moisturising, and toning the skin can help reverse the signs of ageing and promote healthier, rejuvenated skin within a few months.
Check out www.skinexcellenceclinics.co.uk for professional skin rejuvenation tips and treatments.